Monday, September 5, 2011

"In the long run, much of what seems so pressing right now wont even matter. What we do with our children will matter forever."

Just a little clip of what ive been reading. I dont actually have much time for reading these days. And by night time, when i could be reading, there's no way in hell my brain would allow me.
However, ive been really getting into waking up early before the kids. Brush my teeth alone. Pour my coffee with Trader Joe's hazelnut creamer, alone. Sit in my brown stuffed chair by the window alone. Be silent and read. Sometimes this lasts 10 minutes, but sometimes 45!
I dont do this every morning. I usually decide the night before whether waking up early or sleeping extra will be more beneficial for that particular day. My reading at the moment, consists of the bible and a parenting book of choice. Currently, "The Five Love Languages of Children". I know what youre thinking....could i get any more mom-ish? But hey, i figure if i truly practice living life to the fullest, and for now my life is being a full time mom, then i might as well completely dive into raising my kids.

This book is pretty basic but a really great reminder of how we can love our kids on purpose.


No comments: