Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today

Last night I stupidly stayed up late. The rest of my night was spent not sleeping, due to working on some night time habits with a very angry Forest. He then decided to wake up for the day at 6:30.
Life just isnt fare. Oh well. I guzzled down some coffee while we played until his morning nap time. This brings me to the moment when I have an important decision to make...go back to bed or stay awake? I chose awake. I usually do, considering I have already been up for a couple hours drinking coffee. But dont worry, im not a fool...I often nap for survival during his afternoon nap. Actually, we like to nap together like two moles side by side in my bed. What kid doesnt love sleeping in mom and dad's bed?! I should be honest though and say, that Im currently blogging instead of afternoon napping. Today im making baby food instead of napping. If I do it while hes awake later, he will yell at me the entire time.
Back to this morning...
For the first time since moving, I looked around and realized that I have an entire house all to myself. There I stood; coffee mug in hand, hair in a messy bun, and looking like a crust (because i can). I looked out my huge living room windows and noticed the wild mustang grazing just out past my back deck. He prompted me to be productive...he was productive so early; why not me?
I put on some scandalous workout attire (because i finally live alone again and i can), and i did yoga for the first time in long time. It was such an encouraging and uplifting morning of sun salutations, prayer and worship. Some of you might be thinking that sun salutations and prayer contradict each other...but I obviously feel otherwise. If you want to talk about contradictions, lets talk about how after this lovely workout, I totally ate a high cholesterol breakfast! GROSS.
The serious "yogis" out there would have been pissed. By the time I finished, the child woke up and we got ready to go out. Its about 70 degrees today! We walked along the pond and checked out the scary geese on the "goose field" (i like to call it). Then we went to the girls cafeteria to visit with some people. We got back to the house with perfect timing because Robert was home on his break. Here I am, blogging and making baby food. This is my life today. Its a life I never experienced before...but today im enjoying it.

pics still coming i promise

No comments: