Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby Bookworm

This week Forest and I are attempting to make friends.
I had done a little research and planned out two outings. Starting with "Bbay Bookworm", this morning at the Redding library. I didnt know any details before arriving. I only knew that it was going to be for his age range...which I have learned is actually a bit challenging to find.
Im not into libraries...that probably sounds ignorant, so what I really mean to say is, I not into hanging out at libraries and the silence inside makes me feel odd. I felt this way upon arrival this morning, but just around the corner in the childrens area i could actually hear things getting ready to start! Forest and I joined a group of about 8 different sets of moms and kids. Forest was excited from the moment we entered. So many kids his exact age! He immediately tried greeting the kids who were sitting nearest to us...but they all knew what was coming, and didnt care about him!
I told him that he would be pro soon too and not to worry. He was pleasantly surprised when the program began with songs, dancing, and rhymes. The stories were great but he mostly loved the singing and dancing. After the program ended we all stayed to play with each other and share toys.
It was great to meet some other moms. I now and realizing that Redding moms are much more natural in their parenting then some other places I have lived; made me feel very comfortable.
A woman explained to me that she had been co-sleeping with her now 2 year old son, until just this week! My first thought was "wow they are very natural up here". But my second thought was "Damn! Your marriage must really suck by now!" (excuse me). As i sat on the floor with Forest and his new little friends, I kept finding it odd that all his new friends had such tiny pin heads...but I suddenly realized that I was wrong; Forest just has a GIGANTIC head and he was playing with kids who were of a more "normal" size!!!!! O my.
I guess we are popular, because we were even invited to 2 other play groups!
Tomorrow we are going to a "young mom's group" at a church that Robert and I are planning to try out! Hopefully we will have just as much fun!
Due to our morning at the library, here are some shots of the little "reader" himself

No comments: