Sunday, March 14, 2010

After baby's in bed ramblings

I always tell Robert that if we ever live in nature, I would like it to be beach nature, otherwise no thank you. We have always had a dream of owning a horse ranch and running a ministry for troubled youth through it...but we never know where we want it located because we dont want to be in the "middle of nowhere"....an ocean front ranch perhaps??
With that said, here I am! In the middle of the woods (middle of nowhere)! How did this happen?
Sometimes i feel that my life is spent eating my own words. But I like to call it, living life to the fullest! Sounds more exciting.
When I realized we were moving into the woods (seriously the woods), I freaked out and told Robert I couldnt do it. I was told we would probably have no working internet, no cell phone service and no ability to have cable tv. Then, I remembered that I was actually the one who found this job and location. Darn.
We live at a place called "Shepard's Ranch" and also known as the "Julian Youth Academy" which is a division of "Teen Rescue".
It feels like we live at a year-round summer camp. This is a safe place for kids who are having a difficult time at home (for various reasons). Robert spends 14 hours a day with them. From the second they wake up, until the second they turn the lights out at night...they see Robert. haha.
Anyways, God must have taken pity on me since He knew I was hoping to live in the city. Because, much to my surprise, we arrived to an awesome 3 bedroom house! As we went inside we were told that our house happened to be the ONLY house that is able to receive cable, internet, and cell coverage! Are you kidding me?! I am literally in the middle of nowhere and im able to blog!
Forest and I went outside for a walk today (on the 250 acres we live on). I walked through the snow out to the pond and found many different kinds of animal prints. One pair belonging to a bear!
Its true, we have tons of bears, deer, fox, raccoons, and bob cats. O, and i cant leave out the wild mustang horse that roams the land around my house.
Its pretty neat, its pretty rustic, its pretty different then what I was wanting, its pretty far from a Peets coffee or Starbucks...though, i feel that if i can just get myself to handle this, its going to be a very meaningful and impacting job and life style for Robert and I.

Pics coming soon

1 comment:

Elise said...

gives me the urge to yell out a "yahoooo"