Tuesday, March 30, 2010

snowing this morning, so im on a roll

"Lay aside immaturity and live,
and walk in the way of insight."
Prov. 9:6

(this post has potential for offending. Consider that your warning)

Ive been thinking a lot about this lately. My blog doesnt exist for me to use as a personal journal,(you should all be thanking God for that) but sometimes i feel like blogging about things that are going on in my journal. (a very mild and censored version of course).

I can come up with a few things from this passage. I have stated before (not on my blog) that this year im focusing on having a healthy family and home, building on existing meaningful relationships while making some new, and cleansing from the unhealthy ones. To me, "laying aside immaturity", plays into effect with this. I am learning more and more that its a waste of time to keep people around who arent necessarily encouraging, healthy, drama-free, or loving. Do you ever just wake up one day and finally realize, whats the point in knowing certain people anymore? Ok, enough, because this is not my journal.

Another thing that comes to mind from this passage is:
Physical health. I typically strive to be a healthy person, both physically and mentally.
I have always felt that self control and the desire to be healthy is a sign of maturity.
We are given new insight to healthful living as the years go on. I.E: people used to think white bread was amazing, but now we have the knowledge that white bread is actually just a "dead" food and we can now choose the many options of multi-grains that will put live nutrients into us.
In my own opinion, if im choosing to remain child-like in my decisions for personal health and well being, then im choosing to be immature. I was discussing with my mom the other week, that i often look to Buddhists, Hindus, and Yogi's for insight and inspiration of all around health.
I feel like they have a strong sense of self and a strong sense of how to treat their bodies right.
Im a follower of Jesus, but I do practice yoga for physical and mental well-being,and I strive to stock my pantry with groceries that a yogi would have. (say what you will). Dont get me wrong, i absolutely love the occasional nights of devouring pizza and brownies. But both of those items are pretty much dead, and I honestly do want live nutrients inside of me and my family.( I wont even put my pinky toe into the topic of me being a vegetarian in this blog entry)
And quite honestly, now that im thinking about it, the pizza and brownies are much like the pointless "friendships" that for some reason we just dont get rid of in order to cleanse, focus, love, and live more healthy.

"Lay aside immaturity and live,
and walk in the way of insight."
Prov. 9:6
We have been given insight on how to live...why not use it?

1 comment:

Leslie Bettino said...

tiff, love what you have gotten out of this verse. thanks for sharing the condensed version from your journal : )