Tuesday, May 4, 2010

change....again!

A little less of this...


and a little more of this...

So...I came, I tried, and now im getting the heck outta here!
We planned to give living out here in the woods a try. Its just waaaay to difficult. Im completely fine with saying that this is absolutely not my scene; and im perfectly ok with that.
I have no problem admitting this and I have no problem admitting that I enjoy wearing cute flats, and big sun glasses. That doesnt flow out here. I am NOT ok with putting on "running" shoes to go outside. Ruins my outfit. I am not ok with sharing a house with creatures. I am definitely not ok with finding spiders the size of humans. Im not ok with being isolated. And im not ok with dragging my son 40 minutes in the car just so we can be a part of things...and we still have to leave a lot of things out. (Im also very much ok with admitting that im totally into a tv show because the fact that its based in Berkeley brings me so much comfort).
So, we are moving into town!!!! YAY! Currently apartment shopping. As far as suburban living goes, Redding is actually kind of neat. Im enjoying it. It will be much more realistic for us to be living there. It will be a bit of a sacrifice, but Robert and I agree that its worth it in the end.

In honor of moving into civilization soon, and also to promote my son to keep it real, Im taking him to San Francisco for the day while we are in the area next week. Cant wait. A stop at the coffee shop which provided me with carrot muffins and hazelnut flavored coffee while he was in the womb, is probably in order! Seems appropriate for Mothers Day.

No comments: