Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Day

The past year of my life has been a very challenging one; full of adventures, disappointments, and eye opening experiences. By far the most amazing thing is a blessing from God in the form of a perfect wife and son. On most holidays I just sit back and enjoy the food and the good times seeing all my friends and family. This past weekend I have been home alone and staying up late wondering what my family is up to. This holiday (mother’s day) I don’t have any food or family to chill with. Instead I have my memories to entertain me. Of course my Mom came into my mind, but she has been in my mind every Mother’s day. This time things are different because my wife is now a Mom.


Tiffany is amazing. She is the best thing that could have ever happened to me and to Forest. Countless hours are spent that I don’t see taking care of Forest and his little personality. I get to come home on my breaks and enjoy hanging out with Forest as he cracks up because his Dad is home to play with him. But I start to think about what happens when I leave. What happens is a fussy boy who wants to play with his Dad that needs to be comforted by his Mom. Her patience grows every day with Forest as he learns more about his body and life around him. Recently it’s been taking Forest over 45 minutes to fall asleep because he is playing and trying new things. Tiffany gets to go constantly for 45 minutes and help Forest fall asleep. I can’t understand what it’s like to be her.


In my depression of being a bachelor this weekend I can only express how happy and proud I am of my wife the mother of Forest. That Mother’s day I am proud to be married to the best Mom in town who loves me to death. Tiffany, I love you so much and I’m so proud of the Mom that you are.



Happy Mother’s Day

Love Robert

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh! This is so special! It makes me happy inside :-D

megan said...

damn, this made me cry!