Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Forest and i hit the road on Fri to head to the Bay Area to see our family. I kind of love these mini road trips just the two of us. We always start out with a stop at Starbucks for my coffee with cream and his mini scone and water. Once i have the caffeine greatness in the cup holder next to me, we are set to hit the road and begin our 2.5 hours drive. He usually passes out after he comes down from his sugar high and after we have had a van concert to our favorite songs. (songs will remain nameless in order to keep both our reputaions in the clear)
Once he's asleep, its a great alone time for me. Silence. Or talk radio. And hes usually waking up by the time we take the Livorna exit to my parents house. Thats my favorite moment. His favorite moment is when we pull into their driveway....he instantly starts calling out to the dogs and trying to free himself from the car seat. Going to my parent's, is like taking Forest on an overnight trip to a park...a park that has dogs! He is happy to explore the huge yard, go on the tire swing, run with the dogs, play hard with cousin Lil, and be barefoot and free. And i feel like im in heaven, because i get a slight break from watching him! A huge yard with a fence, what a concept!
Needless to say, we both have a great time and its always fun to hang out with family and see a couple of friends. We are usually exhausted by the time we get back home. Somehow, the drive back is never quite as fun. The concerts are minimal. The pre-hit the road coffee is more important then ever. And i look like a real gem by the time i walk up to our apartment door to be greeted by my lovely husband. What a treat for him.
The day after, Forest was in a horrible mood and so tired. It happened to be an extremely busy and scheduled day. He got very quiet while i was making his lunch. I came around the corner and found him tucked into the diaper box, in the living room, about to fall asleep. Poor guy.
I promptly grabbed my camera. I was very surprised that he actually wanted to eat his lunch, but he did! But he HAD to eat it from in the box. What a troll.







No comments: