Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2 doesnt need to be terrible

Pancakes in the morning. The picture was taken this morning. And it was at this moment, that i looked at him stirring the pancake mix, he looked back at me, and he said "thank you". And it hit me that he is growing up. Lately all ive been able to notice are the awful meltdowns brought on by not being allowed to watch the Curious George movie for the 100th time, or by telling him he HAS to wear pants if he wants to go shopping with me. But i have to remind myself that this is actually a good thing. Its good because it means he is growing up. He is practicing his opinions and independence. I could do without the tantrums that are so intense that i lose my appetite for the day....but i guess thats part of it. I should actually be proud of him for how opinionated, confident, and expressive he is at such a young age.

Ive been trying to get a good picture to use for his bday invitations, but a photo shoot with an almost 2 year old is not very realistic. He never wants to smile when i need him to.
Though, he's pretty good at providing me with plenty of other animated looks.



Waiting to flip the pancakes (im a little scary at 8:30 am)

1 comment:

Family of Five said...

Tiff - he's adorable! And I am glad that I'm not the only one dealing with intensely insane meltdowns~ Emma is doing the same thing. I usually throw her over my shoulder and lock her legs in place. Only to hear her blood curdling scream ring through my ear drum!