Saturday, February 20, 2010

Does anyone recall a blog post I wrote from about 1 year ago? It was about an enjoyable character that i know, who i could hear singing through the streets a certain 80's song...as i sat on my bed in the evening, scarfing a burrito.
It was basically my life in San Francisco in all of its glory.
Well, i was pleasantly surprised a few days ago while i was enjoying an afternoon at the dog park with Forest, Robert,Kim, and our niece and nephew. Robert was talking on his phone and when he sat next to me and handed me the phone, it turned out to be the "enjoyable character"! I understood maybe 2 words he said during the entire conversation, but it was great to talk non the less.
I hung up the phone feeling a bit emotional. Wish i could have just been talking with him in person. Wish Forest knew him...etc. blah.
But then as i sat there watching dogs run around, my child loving them, my niece having an "accident"; it occurred to me, that how bizarre, that I actually have some one such as this (for now nameless) character talking to me on the phone?!
I think its rare. I think its neat. I think im pretty fortunate.

2 comments:

Elise said...

im identifying with this post, obviously our lives are pretty different, but i can identify with it nonetheless.

Elise said...

im identifying with this post, obviously our lives are pretty different, but i can identify with it nonetheless.