Sunday, November 14, 2010

Toilet fail

It is said that joy comes in the morning....well all i got this morning was a bunch of shit.

Literally, shit.

My cranky child went back to bed after breakfast, leaving me extremely excited for some alone time. Get myself ready for church without a tiny guy following me around. And maybe even sneak in a little bit of a re-run of one of my guilty pleasure shows (remains nameless).

WRONG! Instead, my toilet decided to come alive and overflow EVERYWHERE.
While applying my makeup i noticed my toilet would not stop running. And just as I decided to wise up and pick up the area rug (just in case), it began to overflow non stop.
Needless to say, my bathroom was flooding. I was trying not to scream since Forest was asleep, and amongst cussing, almost crying, and laughing, I shut the door to the flooding and poo filled bathroom and tucked a towel underneath...it was seeping into the hallway carpet!

Of course this had to happen the morning that Robert goes back to work for the week.

Thankfully, there is a plus side to this. Since i live in an apartment, i have 24 hour maintenance help. So after a frantic phone call, within 20 min(which seemed like a life time), help was here!
(always need to add in my pro-apartment living plug whenever possible).

Apparently all is well with the toilet now. The flood is soaked up. The shit is no longer floating by. The bathroom is deep cleaned. I decided to still go to church. I got a huge soy latte on the way home. My child is now in the living room unloading my purse. And peace is back again.

And yes, you are correct...I cussed and went to church all in the same day. Wow, imagine that!

No comments: