Monday, September 13, 2010

Back on the mat

I guess this has been the week of getting "back in action". For both me and Forest.
Perhaps my sister's blog prompted me...but its been a long time coming, so maybe it would have happened this week anyways.

For the first time in over a year, after way too much change and stress,I finally feel "normal" again.
I feel like im in a personal place of being ready to get back into things. Things that have been and still are a huge part of who I am.

So, last week I began a new yoga class. Every Thurs evening is now dedicated to MYSELF, and my practice of yoga. Yep, im back on the mat again!
I have already been very serious in my at home practices this whole summer, but its so encouraging and challenging to be back in a class as well. And a special bonus is that Forest has already been fed, bathed, and put to bed before i get home! yeeeeeeees.

Another exciting thing is that I met with the staff at the Redding Rescue Mission, and they are currently putting together an idea of something they want me to be doing with the women that are currently in their women's recovery program. Ill expand on this in the near future once all the details are worked out.

As for Forest....This morning he made his come back at the library's "Story Time".
After not attending all summer, he definitely went back in with a bang! My child was completely besides himself with excitement. He was "that kid"! He apparently felt the need to "help" the story teller with her stories and felt characters. He stood right next to her the entire time.
And when the puppet show started, he could no longer hold back...he had to stand the entire time while gasping, screaming, yelling, pointing, and rambling. The other children just stared at him. The other moms smiled...the sympathy smile. As if he was doing something wrong and they felt bad for me. Excuse me! He wasnt doing anything wrong...he was totally living it up at story time! When it came time to play, his little friends were not impressed and they quietly played. Well, still completely impressed by the puppet show, Forest was on a role and ran around with his plastic tools, scaring all of his boring little friends. He's not a bully at all. Hes not rude. He doesnt act mean towards other kids. He's sweet and kind, and full of life.
Yet, I received more sympathy smiles.

Why the sympathy??! My kid had a total blast! And i loved watching him!

If anyone has sympathy to give out, its me...because i feel bad for all the moms who were there with their boring kids...who are labeled "good" for being TOTALLY BORING and LIFELESS!
um, i'll stop there. Could go on about this for days....((holding myself back....holding myself back))

.......a child is "good" if he sits with his hands in his lap for 20 minutes? And "bad" if he needs to stand during that time? ummm....oooook

Watch out moms who are raising their kids to be "good", because this Little Man is coming back to Story Time every week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to see a judgmental christian young mom. wow. "good" children are taught to be respectful of others and authority, in your case whomever was reading the book and the people that wanted a story and not a show by your kid. but hey, you are smarter and better than all those other "worldly" mothers aren't you? stupid kids that obey their mothers, listen to authority and understand the appropriateness of being attentive during story time at the library. Not the first entry you have written that shows how ignorant and judgmental you are. Maybe seeing an hour of another mothers life is not enough to judge her entire parenting philosophy. young fool my dear, young fool.

Tiff said...

Excuse me? Who even are you??
Obviously you dont know me at all, other than by my blog...which is the smallest tiniest glimpse at my life.
For your info, my son is a 15 month old. I hardly believe standing (not in anyones way) during a story, is considered being un-attentive or "giving a show". But if you do, then so be it.
Ignorant? Judgmental? Hardly. Honest? Real? Yes, very much so. But say what you like...its just obvious that you dont know me. And if you think these things about some one you dont even know, you should consider just not reading my blog??? Being called ignorant is incredibly offensive, especially since i am a person who has lived and experience much at even though im only 27.
I dont even know what youre talking about when you say "worldy" moms...what does that have to do with anything? You have issues. Leave me, a stranger, the hell alone.

Elise said...

That comment was not very nice, who would take the time to write such a nasty comment on a strangers blog?!

In my life I have decided that I want my words to always build people up, edifying and encouraging. I never want to tear down, belittle or destroy someone...especially total strangers.

Anonymous said...

Good words Elise. I completely agree with you.


Teri