Tuesday, September 22, 2009

This morning i thought about my current life. What do we really do each day while being unemployed? This is such a weird feeling. I have always worked. But now i find myself in a place in life where im not working. Well, not "working", as in not getting up with an alarm clock, dressing according to my job and heading out the door with my coffee. Now i dont need an alarm clock because my son wakes me up on time every single morning. I still get to drink coffee, i still get up early, i still feel very busy, (most of the time scattered) and i still get tired by the end of the day.
The only difference is, i get to wear WHATEVER I WANT! And im quickly finding that i naturally gravitate towards a great head wrap, huge sunglasses and whatever clothing that is currently on the floor! I get to create my own schedule....kind of like being my own boss...which i hope to really be one day. So instead of meetings, people looking for me and calling my cell, and having a crammed daily planner; I head off to the park to sit in the shade with my little Forest. The only people calling my cell are my friends, and instead of having a crammed daily planner, I dont even own one at all anymore! The only meetings im attending are day trips to Tahoe, drives to secret lakes and woods, and getting to see family and friends that i havent seen in a long time.

Robert is currently unemployed as most of you know. When he's not busy with odd jobs, and/or looking for a job, he gets to spend tons of time with me and Forest. This has also been a wonderful time for Bert to reflect and take some time for himself. He has been loving the fact that he has time to go running each day, and not to mention brush up on his computer "gaming" skills...(Haha) This has actually been quite nice for us as a family. We are currently staying with Robert's fam up in the Foothills....yes, the great outdoors! I love the nature around us, but must admit it freaks me out a little. Going from the middle of San Francisco to here is quite a shock. We are grateful for our loving family and the time we are spending with them.Though we greatly hope for a career to arise, we are enjoying this rare and special time of being the three of us each day.

God has GREAT plans for us.