Sunday, January 13, 2008

Exercise as medicine


Me and Robert...hahahahaa

This morning was very enjoyable. Robert and I had a few hours to spend time together before he went off to work. Robert made a special breakfast of scrambled eggs and coffee and we watched a movie together...."Across the Universe". Slightly magical and slightly weird, and definitely way too long. It was really sunny and a little warm outside today, which really pissed me off because its only January and i believe it should still be freezing. But i stayed in my pajamas and wrapped myself in a blanket and pretended it was colder.
Robert decided to ride his bike the whole way to work, instead of driving. A great idea! After he took off on his bike, i had a moment to sit alone and really tune in to how i felt...depressed.
Only one month until we move, but i wish it were now. Too many dumb things and current circumstances were trying to get the best of me. I knew i had to act fast to get rid of my bad mood, so i decided to work out. I did yoga for an hour. Which isnt actually very long.
But, about half way through, i started to feel really good, really positive, and really inspired.
What a wonderful thing physical exercise can be for us! Taking some time to exercise throughout the week gives us physical, mental and emotional well being. This is why Robert rides his bike regularly and why i practice yoga consistently.
My day has ended up being extremely productive and its mostly because i chose to re-charge myself through yoga.

No comments: