Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Bonnie Raitt Secret

While visiting my parents in Alamo this weekend, my mom brought up something I had forgotten.
When i was a young kid, i loved the music artist Bonnie Raite....yes, Bonnie Raitt.
I totally remember my dad making deals with me and using Bonnie Raitt cassette tapes as my incentive. It usually worked. I really wanted those Bonnie Raitt cassette tapes!
I knew every word to every song. I dont remember how old i was, but younger then 10 i think.
Now, here is my little secret. I sometimes listen to "love songs after dark" in my car. (whew, its out in the open now)! Here is my number 2 secret. Now that im almost 26, i still know every word to every Bonnie Raitt song....and she definitely gets played on "love songs after dark". So guess who's in her car belting out a little Bonnie Raite? ME!
Now that im an adult, (hm creepy) i actually take notice of what the lyrics really are and what Bonnie is really singing about. And im realizing how strange it really was for me to be singing some of these songs. hahaha

For example: "turn down the lights, turn down the bed. Turn down these voices inside my head. Lay down with me, tell me no lies....i cant make you love me if you dont. I cant make your heart feel something it wont."

This was always my very favorite song of Bonnie's....still is. But how weird that I was singing those words at like possibly age 7?! HAHA.

Thanks Dad for making Bonnie Raitt deals with me. And thank you for letting me sing all of her songs even though some werent quite age appropriate. And thank you mostly because i can now sing at the top of my lungs every time she comes on radio in my car!

Ok, now im really hoping my favorite song will come on today! And here is the link to it...ENJOY and know that im currently belting it out as i post this.


2 comments:

Eric said...

Nice story Tiffany..i linked it in my fansite about Bonnie Raitt.I hope you don't mind ?
Look here:
http://www.soulsalike.nl/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1784#1784
Bonnie's the best !
Greetings from Holland !
Eric

Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.provokator.org/polls/you-take-public-bus-30min-free-seats-spiked-hair-hiphopper-granny-roma-girl-bus-driver-where-d http://entrepreneurship.unica-network.eu/content/peter-drucker-society-europe-launches-essay-contest
get facebook likes facebook likes buy facebook likes
I've been ripping songs off of videos using video2mp3 for a really long while and then a week ago, I got a computer virus--but I don't think it was from ripping but could it be? Also, if the songs are already on my iPod, does the iPod retain the virus as well yet is just unaffected by the virus? I saved all my music files on a flash drive before I reformatted my computer and I haven't installed any anti virus software yet--should I reload all my files or no?

get facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] get facebook likes